Product Development Manager
108 W 39th St New York, NY 10018
Title: Product Development Manager
Company: Leading Home-Goods Manufacturer
- Prep for trade shows including gathering and pre-setting samples, gathering costing prior to show if possible.
- Potential overseas travel: attendance & trip preparation – this will look different for each category manager.
- Prepares season summary spreadsheets for the team to use for both selling and buying the finalized development.
- Comp shop online & in stores – all mass customers. Possible to coordinate this with the team and include designers. Create PDF presentation concerning new trends (material, icons, themes, colors, etc) AND price point analysis. Pull previous PDF presentation and review what was developed, what worked, what customers responded too, etc. Work with head of PD to analyze and then discuss plan to present this to designers.
- Meet with Sales & Design staff as touch base – and to address business needs determined at that time.
- Sample Management.
- Expectations are to reset the showroom AS NEEDED.
- Prepare and publish previous months buys – sorted by category and then by factory. Units and dollars.
- Smaller monthly PDF presentation of online design ideas, key items, new wording/phrases, et
- Must comp shop main customer physical store locations one time per month for applicable categories.
- Approve all PP and production samples
- Attend applicable meetings – sales and internal
- Take notes and communicate follow up with factories/suppliers/designer
- Communicate with China and internal office via daily emails
- Direct verbal communication with other departments
- Process incoming samples – style number, label, arrange to have items shot, move items that have been shot into showroom or predetermined location.
- Submit duty request sheets on any new items to Import Department.