Product Development Manager
Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033
Title: PD Manager
Company: Well known apparel company
Location: Kenilworth NJ
- Manage the assigned product development and drive sourcing, costing, innovation, data integrity, product quality, speed to market and social compliance. Take initiative on research and development to create growth opportunities.
- Manage time and action calendar for appropriate categories/brand, keeping the process and team constantly moving toward its goals.
- Manage and mentor direct report(s) to achieve long term success.
- Collaborate with merchandising and design on all corporate objectives.
- Manage customer relationships with Product Director to maximize sales and profitability.
- Manage vendor matrix in conjunction with Product Director, identifying and leveraging strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats:
- Work closely with merchandising to ensure all market samples are photographed on time and delivered to all parties by the calendar deadline.
- Establish seasonal sourcing strategies with Product Director to meet all financial goals.
- Drive innovation in conjunction with Product Director.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers to proactively manage issues and minimize disruptions to the business. Manage cost engineering to achieve cost targets and negotiate with suppliers as necessary.
- Develop product in collaboration with design and merchandising to ensure style details align with vendor capabilities and requirements; including minimums and lead times.
- Meet with prospective factories to review capabilities and new market innovations. Meet with existing vendors seasonally to review performance, protocol and operational issues.
- Review and resolve quality issues, minimizing defects.
- Maintain duty and freight tables staying aware of relevant custom changes that can affect product categories.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and deliveries with customers as well as damages and discounts as necessary.
- Ensure data integrity for assigned product categories and accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Business, Fashion or related field and 5-7 of apparel PD experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build strong, productive relationships as a salesperson, buyer and teammate.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent understanding of product development and manufacturing process.
- Strong ability to understand brands.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.