Product Development Manager
2 Jackson Drive Cranford, NJ 07016
Title: Manager of Product Development
Company: Mass Market Apparel Company
Location: Union County, NJ
- Manage the assigned product development and drive sourcing, costing, innovation, data integrity, product quality, speed to market and social compliance. Take initiative on research and development to create growth opportunities.
- Manage time and action calendar for appropriate categories/brand, keeping the process and team constantly moving toward its goals.
- Manage and mentor direct report(s) to achieve long term success.
- Collaborate with merchandising and design on all corporate objectives.
- Manage customer relationships with Product Director to maximize sales and profitability.
- Manage vendor matrix in conjunction with Product Director, identifying and leveraging strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats:
- Work closely with merchandising to ensure all market samples are photographed on time and delivered to all parties by the calendar deadline.
- Establish seasonal sourcing strategies with Product Director to meet all financial goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Business, Fashion or related field and 5-7 of apparel PD experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment.