Title: Product Development Associate
Location: New York City
Company: Home textiles company
- Develop and maintain daily email summaries per project to record and communicate all program details to the agents/factories such as timing and action, consumer testing, sample requests, product information including color specifications, size, fabric details etc. This is also the repository of all change requests to the factory. The PM will be expected to maintain approximately 20 summaries/projects daily depending on the season.
- Evaluate all incoming samples for design, color, size and quality etc.
- Complete any retailer specific paperwork (including sample tags, forms (i.e. Fabric Development Forms, Vendor Generated Spec etc.). Submit to retailer and/or licensor for product/design approval.
- Work closely with the art department to facilitate uploading artwork to the factory for development. Provide links to location of artwork and spec sheets to the art department and overseas team. Review artwork for color limitations etc. prior to sending. Send prototypes and/or color standards to the factory as necessary.
- Work closely with the packaging department to ensure all packaging is correct including SIL’s, images etc.
- Work closely with our Quality Control Manager to ensure that product is being tested at the correct retailer designated lab and to the correct protocol.
- Work closely with the production department to ensure that ship dates reflected in our daily communications with the factory are correct.
- Review purchase orders and production forms for accuracy.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all programs in development along with details, such as PO numbers, sample and ship dates, next steps etc. This log is to be updated minimally once a week and delivered to the PD Director with any verbal updates necessary on day prior to the weekly production meeting.
- Organize and clearly label all samples in development.
- Manage and take responsibility for all deadlines, licensor approvals, retailer requirements per project.
- Work closely and effectively with the Sr Director of Product Development to keep her well informed of sample dates, deadlines, following up appropriately when needed.
- Assist Director with sample reviews, organizing and tasks as requested.
- Arrange and expedite samples for upcoming sales meetings and showroom as needed.
- Forward-looking thinker, who can spot potential problems and propose solutions.
- Communicate with our overseas team after hours as necessary.