Overview: This position assists in all aspects of the buying department to help achieve planned store inventory levels and the maintenance of merchandise assortments to maximize profitability.
Major Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
* Assist in executing and planning assortments
* Allocate product based on store plans, profiles and merchandise assortment for new stores
* Refill styles by monitoring store sales, inventory, and sell-through by style, color, and size
* Analyze selling by store on a seasonal basis to effect allocations and recommend future purchases
* Manage product flow from initiation, sell thru, and mark down ensuring margin requirements are met
*•Develop sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support the divisional profit objectives in partnership with Finance
*Partner and drive decisions regarding planning process and system opportunities including reporting.
*Work alongside sales, customer service and production team to explore and assign residual inventory to maximize sales, preserve gross margin and reduce seasonal liabilities.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 5-7 years' experience allocation/buying
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong knowledge of retail math