Payroll System Analyst
60 Columbus Circle New York, New York 10023
Title of Job: Payroll System Analyst
Company Description: NYC based Real Estate Company
- Serve as SME for the UTM Project.
- Upload Monthly Employer Medical Insurance Premiums to store for ACA 1095c’s processing at year end.
- Maintain and implement data in the application including goal amounts to cancelling deductions for the New Year.
- Act as a liaison between departments for data processing.
- Assist with or lead process improvements and/or efficiencies in the payroll process.
- Import and export 401k data into the system and to Merrill Lynch and check for data issues that drop from the import.
- Maintain the General Ledger Rules Table in UltiPro.
- Maintain any new additions to the GL interface but not limited to earnings codes, GL accounts and retail sites that are hard coded differently than regular sites.
- Report Development and Analysis
- Create and analyze auditing, budgeting and payroll reports Analyze payroll reports to ensure alignment of historical data within Ultimate and ADP
- Analyze GL data for RMC to identify data anomalies or issues needing correction before being sent for processing in JDE. Assist HR in creating ad hoc reports for but not limited to YTD wages, benefits,
- Data controls and integrity checks
- Run and maintain reports that are sent to senior accountants for review.
- Run and analyze weekly QA reports for payroll to determine any coding or data integrity issues. Notify Payroll Admin of issues that need to be corrected.
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas including but not limited to 401k, taxes, worker compensation, and sites changes
- Send reports from the GL Allocation report or ad hoc reports to respective accounts for review regarding JDE entries processed through payroll
- Serve as Payroll point person and subject matter expert for the following activities
- Implementation of new Time Management System
- Testing, deployment and maintenance of earnings and deduction codes
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Budget process
- California Meal Plan
Train the team and HR on New Updates in UIltiPro, BI Reporting and any new systems that we implement – UTM.
Complete bank reconciliation for three companies every month (Rel Partners, Rel Mgmt & Simple Better)
Process Payroll for three companies (Rel Beal, Rel Funds and Hudson Yards) including but not limited to direct deposit, manual checks, imports, and changes.
Run necessary reports for checking and distributing, create wire sheets, comparison reports and update a balancing sheet for each payroll.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Knowledgeable in ADP & Ultipro
- Knowledgeable in Cognos report writing
- Knowledge of payroll process, systems analysis, data analysis and software development methodologies.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complicated issues and provide accurate analysis and workable solutions
- Ability to develop requirements definition, functional specifications, test scripts, data models, and business procedures.
- Ability to work with available applications and technologies to translate payroll requirements into technical designs. .
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Public/Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field, and considerable
- Must have 4 – 7 years payroll process analysis, management analysis or other experience which has involved the analysis of operational needs and the development and utilization of technological solutions.