Payroll/ HRIS Manager Temp
584 Broadway, Suite 610 New York, NY 10012
Job Title: Payroll/HRIS Manager Temp for Mat Leave
Company Description: Contemporary brand
Duration: 3-6 months
Location: New York, NY
Need someone who has “owned” payroll previously
Ulti-pro experience is a plus!
Handling payroll for 900 associated across NA including US and Canada
- Performs all pre and post payroll activities necessary to process payroll, processing changes, updating deductions, importing time files and commission and bonus amounts, and reviews for accuracy.
- Processes bi-weekly, off-cycle payroll, and final pays for US & Canada.
- Troubleshoots and utilizes resources including HRIS support team and management to resolve problems and issues as they arise.
- Understands and utilizes best practices.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements; adheres to requirements; advising HR management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping employee information confidential.
- Partners with HR Operations Manager to trains new Managers on payroll process.
- Review HRIS Workflows to ensure all changes of status are processed accurately and timely
- Ensures proper employee and employer taxation.
- Processes correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Liaise with HRIS vendor to process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc).
- Handles all tax notices and inquiries, responsible for setting up new tax jurisdictions as required.
- Liaise with accounting team to ensure general ledger accounts are accurate for month’s end close.
- Regularly audits HRIS data (timekeeping, payroll, benefit deductions, etc) to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure and regularly audit PTO requests and PTO plan set up in HRIS.
- Responsible for processing mass updates in HRIS through the use of web import tool.
- Manage payroll inbox, respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns in a polite and timely manner maintaining a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Audit employee allocations to ensure proper commission calculation and IT setup.
- Responsible for running and building ad-hoc BI reports to support multiple departments.
General HR Support
- Supports HR team with HR projects and deliverables as needed.
Ideal education, previous work experience, special skills (e.g., foreign languages), and personal characteristics.
· A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years professional experience, preferably in payroll or related field in a high volume environment
· Excel skills (vLookUp and Pivot tables preferred) and proficiency in Microsoft Word
· Proven experience working with UltiPro or other payroll/HRIS platform
· Experience working with a multi-state & Canadian retail population
· Experience working in a stand-alone payroll position