PR and Social Media Manager (fragrance)
New York New York, NY 10019
PR and Social Media Manager
The PR and Social Media Manager is responsible for co-creating & executing public relations and social media strategy for the brand as well as facilitating content production with internal & external partners. The PR and Social Media Manager will have responsibilities helping with execution of broader digital marketing initiatives as needed.
- Report to VP Advertising/PR and collaborate with Senior Manager of Adv./PR to execute social media strategy on a day-to-day basis to increase engagement and channel growth across all platforms for designated brands including social and event calendar.
- Contribute innovative campaign ideas that tie into overall brand strategies and long and short term social goals.
- Collaborate with outside agencies, brand marketing and teams to facilitate/ideate compelling content
- Develop and maintain social communications calendars with partners/agencies.
- Help with execution of broader digital marketing initiatives as needed
- Oversee/collaborate with agencies/partners to monitor paid social media efforts across multiple platforms and channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Keep sales and management teams up to date on key PR and social Media programs, coverage and developments
- Regularly report on results of our social efforts vs. targets
- Research, track, follow and analyze competitive social media accounts and trends with agencies.
- Maintain budgets for designated brands and handle monthly reconciliation.
Develop press kits including press release, promo copy and creative mailers with agencies when
- Develop impactful launch press strategies with marketing teams and outside agencies
- Maintain and update press and influencer lists.
- Pitch stories/new launches to press contacts at various media outlets.
- Follow up on all editorial requests and maintain the product closet inventory
- Keep track of weekly and monthly press mentions and create press clipping reports with PR agencies
- Assist with paying and submitting invoices to the accounts payable department
- Develop interesting and engaging social media posts
- Manage and maintain the magazine library
- Track competitive new launches and advertising campaigns
BA degree in marketing, communications, business, or other related field
Two to four years in a social/PR /marketing agency, media company, in house social media position
Strong knowledge and understanding of the Beauty, fashion, retail, marketing landscape
Exemplary written and oral communication skills
Flexibility to be a reliable team player and has the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks while working towards defined goals and objectives
Strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel