PR and Marketing Manager/Director
New York New York, NY 10019
Fashion retail company is seeking a passionate fashion, social media savvy manager to develop and execute all PR and Marketing brand activities in the North America market.
Build brand awareness via editorial placement, celebrity/influencer strategies and story telling in the consumer and business space. Organize events and drive traffic to all distribution channels.
- Collaborate with the HQ team overseas in devising a PR strategy
for the US market
- Work with internal and external social media team/agencies to devise
blogger/social media influencer strategy
- In charge of all magazine and online placements
- Facilitate all sample requests and product pulls
- Distribute press releases and pitch product launches, collection stories and event information
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Compile monthly recap reports
- Responsible for all celebrity product placement
- Set up & facilitate seasonal showroom press day appointments
- Plan and pitch press & VIP opportunities
- Maintain and build direct relationships with key press contacts, opinion
makers and industry figures
- Press release writing - Ensure all communications align with corporate brand positioning
- Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends
- Create comprehensive and integrated digital marketing strategy to support company-wide initiatives including annual events, seasonal promotions, and ad hoc promotions.
- Develop marketing and event strategies to drive traffic to all consumer distribution channels
- Manage and execute in-store events
- Develop and manage customer loyalty programs
- Manage social media channels, support trade show
- Execute strategies within each distribution channel to improve performance and grow sales
- Ensure a cohesive marketing message across all customer touch points.
- Develop and execute the company’s Social Media strategy across all social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for fashion
- Be a great ambassador and live the brand
- Excellent Fashion, Media and Lifestyle relations
- Minimum 5 year PR/Marketing management experience
- Have the ability to innovate and excite
- The ability to take the road less traveled and going beyond current trends
- Budget management
- Ability to work in fast paced/entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Determination to succeed in a high pressure environment
- Capable of adapting to quickly changing circumstances, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and prioritize
- Able to recognize success as well as failure and being able to learn both individually and collectively from past experiences, retaining best practices.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for results
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or similar field preferred