Title: Marketing / Public Relations Director
Company: Designer RTW Brand
- Partner with outside PR company; provide daily communication and address ongoing needs.
- Execute PR strategies and programs to drive brand awareness, focusing on activities that are designed to drive business growth and brand equity.
- Understand the brand DNA and demonstrate ability to choose partnerships that will resonate with current and prospective audience. Play a pivotal role in ideating and facilitating the company’s brand and influencer collaborations.
- Initiate the development and execution of opportunities generating maximum brand exposure through creative product placement, brand stories, interviews and launches with particular focus on features and profiles.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with highly influential people and brands, including editors, bloggers and key members of the media, across all verticals, building database of partners across the US, Canada and Europe for potential initiatives, networking support and coverage for the brand. Build on existing media relationships within the industry while also creating new contacts within the fashion, lifestyle, design and art space.
- Develop and maintain media and influencer relationships.
- Develop and execute high impact PR programs such as new product launches, in-store events, editorial coverage and special events.
- Execute and manage all PR related events.
- Oversee and manage in-house PR Account Manager, assist with advice and support when necessary.
- Draft, edit and disseminate press releases and other relevant PR materials.
- Track, analyze, and report monthly communications activities and results; demonstrate ROI, evolution of programs YOY and showcase impact of activity.
- Work with founder to create strategies and build buzz around brand moments, partnerships, events and collaborations.
- Act as a brand ambassador.
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Public Relations, proven track record in a senior role working with luxury fashion clients
- Well versed in media, fashion, pop culture, retail and entertainment industry trends
- Highly engaged in social media and able to drive engagement among key social media influencers
- Proven relationships with media and business contacts that have delivered demonstrable results
- Strong communications skills
- Strong organizational skills managing priorities and workflows
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in supervising and managing multiple projects and cross-functional collaborations
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and schedules
- Self-starter who can multi-task and prioritize
- Skilled at writing press releases and other PR related documents
- Experience using Fashion GPS to track and organize samples
- Strong presentation and superb writing skills