Merchandising Systems Manager
1201 Valley Brook Ave Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
Title: Merchandising Systems Manager
Location: Lyndhurst, New Jersey
- Manage all phases of the change management process, Design through Implementation.
- Ensure scope is achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop, prioritize, and lead the execution for all application initiatives.
- Formulate strategies and identify necessary investments to support business needs
- Establish strong relationships and interact daily with cross-functional partners across the organization to facilitate and prioritize application initiatives
- Gather detailed business requirements that meet best practice standards for all projects
- Partner with Development team to achieve business requirements
- Develop test cases and scenarios with the business and testing teams to ensure that business requirements are met
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors, while adhering to established budgets
- Stay abreast of industry trends and identify and recommend emerging technologies
- Develop and continuously update underlying business processes and systems to ensure that the business is scaleable for rapid growth and cross-channel integration.
- Administer owned applications and provide system support to business users
- BS/BA Degree
- 5+ years of product management in the merchandising arena is a must
- Retail experience is a must
- Storing technical and functional skills and very hands-on with the systems
- Strong project management skills - ability to lead projects from conception through execution and simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and creative environment
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strategic consulting skills which move beyond adherence to specific analytical tools and methodologies; the ability to “think outside the box” to generate alternative solutions for consideration, and provide comprehensive risk/benefit analysis on those alternatives
- Understand the impact and implications of decisions on other components of the organization
- Demonstrates a high level of time management, organizational skills, and is detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks. Ability to delegate tasks when appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Exercises flexibility and willingness in making necessary compromises to accomplish a common goal