108 west 39th street New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Merchandising Manager, Mens
Company Description: Iconic International Lifestyle Brand
The Merchandising Manager is a leader for the Mens Merchandising team, responsible for creating and executing merchandise strategies to meet or exceed financial plans while while leading, collaborating, and communicating closely with cross-functional teams to ensure all projects are moving towards the financial and calendar goals.
- Must be able to build relationships with both financial and creative partners with strategic approach, execution, and results
- Take lead role in senior management meetings (business review, hindsight, seasonal assortment, monthly OTB, etc), presenting in-depth analysis of respective departments and classifications; must be able to sell and validate point of view with facts and analysis
- Responsible for representing the Men's division in upper level meetings when DMM is not available
- Maintains a strategic focus on the business . Actively identifying long and short term plans to grow and decline classifications keeping in mind sku counts & store space/fixturing.
- Understands financial metrics to analyze multiple businesses & can make recommendations on how to drive each business based on sales, history and market trends. Identifies how current trend will impact future results and guides team to adjust as needed
- Leads their team to evaluate and drive results at the department level. Provides timely direction and clear communication to all team and cross-functional partners.
- Works in partnership with Design, Brand, and Production to develop and edit the line, ensuring product supports financial strategies and falls within brand direction
- Focus assortments and stand for the important and meaningful segments of each business by store tier and climate profile
- Understands directional mens competitive set and the Global line; ability to translate into innovative, relevant, fashion-forward product, pricing and key messaging direction
- Key point person for creative teams (visual, windows, marketing) to drive key messaging, marketing and in-store presentation
- Cultivate talent & mentor direct reports and assistants – conduct timely coaching sessions to provide feedback regarding growth & development for next level position
- Clearly communicate expectations and implications. Ensure the team has all the tools needed to deliver on their responsibilities
- Builds relationships through effective collaboration & participates as a solution oriented team member
- Demonstrates ability to manage up, down and across with successful results
- Bachelor's degree; in Merchandising or Business, a plus
- 8 to 10+ years related Merchandising/Buying experience
- Strong presenter with the ability to lead
- Experience in managing at least 2 direct reports
- Must be highly organized & possess excellent analytical acumen
- Flexible to deadline demands, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Will act in place of when DMM is not available. Will have influence and make decisions regarding: marketing, in store presentation, style/fit details, windows, and financial meetings
- Will have significant influence on development line architecture and financial plans. This role is integral in driving style/color assortment, cost decisions as well as investment by store tier.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of fashion trends and provide input to Design relative to channel needs
- Motivation to exceed plan
- Financial analysis capability
- Ability to mentor and lead within the Mens team
- Able to function in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment