New York New York, NY 10018
Company: Well known men's apparel company
Location: New York, New York
Title: Senior Merchandiser
- Manage the merchandising of assigned men’s lines; responsible for managing the budget of these lines.
- Research and analyze market trends and identify trends to help drive sales with target customers.
- Act as a liaison between merchandising, sales, design and production/product development.
- Uphold key dates for design and production calendar to ensure timely completion of sales samples and line openings.
- Communicates with all licensors for approval.
- Plans and places orders for sample lines.
- Creates and produces sales line books.
- Creates and produces swatch cards for sample lines and basics swatch cards for customers.
- Monitors and processes sample receipts and invoices.
- Prepares preliminary costing data
- Prepares lines for sale.
- Partner with sales in analyze selling and customer feedback.
- Manage activities of direct reports. Assign tasks, objectives, responsibilities and through coaching, performance evaluation, and feedback, enable those direct reports to perform their duties and to achieve their objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising or business, or related field.
- 6+ years’ merchandising experience; preferable in wholesale preferred.
- Men’s apparel experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
Salary: Dependent on experience.