Merchandise Planning Manager
New york New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Merchandise Planning Manager
Company Description: Outdoor Lifestyle Brand
Location: New York, NY
• Manages the financial success of division by meeting sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory turn goals.
• Develops the tops-down and bottoms-up product and financial strategies inclusive of sales, margin and inventory across all categories of the Hard Goods Division.
• Responsible for building the assortment framework inclusive of growth assortment opportunities/productivity, style/sku targets, newness, flow deliveries, pricing and season code.
• Partners with cross-functional teams
• Develops and presents in-season division/category sales and inventory forecast and strategies in OTB process
• Identifies risks and opportunities across key product categories recommending course of action/strategies to optimize sales and inventory.
• Accountable for the inventory investment (style level buy) maximizing current inventory position, turn and gross margin return on investment (GMROI).
• Responsible for the management of basics inventory recommending best receipt timing.
• Recaps and analyzes sales performance on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis
Reporting and Data Management:
• Acts as a go-to resource with Cross-functional Team in reconciling and resolving issues in various daily sales, inventory and product selling reports, data and systems.
• Takes on a role as a key partner with the production and merchandising teams to ensure data integrity and reconcile appropriately.
• Assists with tracking purchase orders including keying orders and maintaining corrections and revisions; manages transfers ensuring completion.
• Develops key reports and dashboards for better data flow across functions
Minimum 3 to 5 years merchandise planning/buying/inventory management experience in a specialty retail environment.
Extremely strong skills with Merchandise/Inventory Planning Software/Tools, Excel, ERP, Quickbooks experience desired.