000 Brooklyn, NY 11222
Title: Merchandise Planner
Company: Well-known apparel & accessories retailer
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Merchandise Planner will partner with our VP of Planning and Merchandise Planner to create, maintain, analyze and execute a financial merchandise plan from a class level for the department(s) from a top down and bottom up perspective. The Associate Merchandise Planner must be able to use trend analysis and forecasting in order to execute a plan that is in line with the overall vision of the brand. The Merchandise Planner will report to the VP of Planning.
- Maintain monthly OTB, reforecast sales, margin, receipts and inventory on a monthly basis. Review plans and forecasts identify risks and opportunities relative to plan.
- Ensure class plans align with the company’s financial objectives and brand direction as well as product opportunities.
- Track and manage on-order and committed receipts that are delivering on time to support forecasts. Identify and communicate risks and drive actions plans.
- This would also include “key item plans” down to the style/color level.
- Strategic partner to merchandising and product development teams to ensure that class plans are in line with the company’s merchandising and design direction.
- Create plans using top down and bottom up planning methods.
- Create class plans down to the lowest level of the hierarchy and reconciling these plans with attribute plans.
- Keep on calendar and adhere to planning deadlines for 6 mini season plans.
- Routinely present recommendations and other analysis to senior management related to driving long and/ or short term business goals.
- 3-5 years retail planning experience
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter and creative problem solver
- Knowledge and experience with merchandise planning systems
- Bachelor’s Degree