. Los Angeles, CA 90014
Company Description: Fast Fashion E-Commerce Retailer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, developing long-term and seasonal priorities and business plans, line plans, and brief for the Intimates division that serve the needs of the business.
- Manages and owns the pre-season planning process, breaking down stories into the seasonal line plan and managing style and SKU productivity.
- Accountable for driving the successful creation and execution of line plans that contribute to the financial success of the company by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Understand direct competitors and environments in details, demonstrating expertise in identifying trends and color direction.
- Possesses a detailed understanding of intimates and lingerie components and materials, pricing, and marketing.
- Develops, shares, and communicates a strong point-of-view for what is "on-brand" vs "off-brand" for the company.
- Manages the product life cycle for all styles in intimates including introduction, build, and retirement of styles.
- Leads in-season management for intimates through flow, product knowledge, chase, cancellations, markdowns, and exit.
- Prepares and interprets sell-in and sell-thru data in order to provide and execute against resultant recommendations and actionable strategies for in-season and future products.
- Analyze weekly selling reports, diving into the business to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Continuously monitor open-to-buy (OTB).
- Review reorder list each week to find opportunities for new colors and prints to be added to identify and maximize new trends that are selling.
- Mentor buyers in vendor relations, attending all vendor meetings to help strengthen their negotiation skills and teach them how to maximize our vendor base.
- Ensure buyers are reacting quickly to best and worst sellers and responding to vendors right away.
- Organize and present big ideas on order so all cross-functional teams are aware of key incoming trends.
- Attend and participate in weekly marketing meetings, voicing needs for categories.
- Coordinate sample collection and hand off for weekly photoshoots.
- Review and approve all extension requests, prices, and colors including lab dip approvals and fabric confirmations.
- Approve TOPs and resolve all QC issues for the Intimates category.
- Guide fittings, keeping comments focused on major selling points only in order to maintain fastest delivery.
- Cover the area when the Category Director is unavailable, functioning as their back up.
- Must stay up-to-date and be well-versed in your categories’ competitive landscape.
- Strategically scout and evaluate new vendors to support business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Min. of 8+ years of experience in buying, merchandising, and/or an analytical role with at least 2 +year managing and mentoring a team of buyers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A creative, self-starter who possesses excellent prioritization and project management skills with a strong sense of organization and meticulous attention-to-detail.
- A positive go-getter and team player, who can work independently with the ability to troubleshoot within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite; especially Excel.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Excellent Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan + Matching
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Employee Discounts