. New York, NY 10016
Company Description: emerging socially-conscious luxury brand
Location: New York, NY
- Evaluate current business, competitive matrix, and industry trends to identify key opportunities for growth monitors and attend major markets.
- Acquire established brands while discovering new brands particularly in the designer ready-to-wear, jewelry, and sleep/loungewear categories.
- Execute the merchandising strategy and manage the buying process, including product selection and building assortments based on historical and current product performance, analyzing business, and managing inventory flow.
- Negotiate cost discounts, delivery, payment terms, exclusives, and trunkshow cadence with vendor partners.
- Establish, maintain, and foster brand relationships.
- Lead post-market reviews for cross-functional teams ensuring that the marketing calendar for messaging and trends are aligned.
- Execute deep-dives for performance analysis driving opportunities on a weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis.
- Manage business area’s site maintenance and presence.
- Manages store matrix and store feedback.
- Partners with Planner on sales targets.
- Participates in the review of and approves the department's topside financial plans.
- Provides insight for and participates in financial business reviews.
- Open-to-Buy (OTB) responsibilities include maintaining PO checkbooks, managing markdown projections, developing and executing aged inventory strategies, overseeing receipt flows and projections, monitoring inventory productivity and profitability.
- Assists in analyzing class performance, penetrations, and by class.
- Implements assortment planning best practices and allocation strategies.
- Collaborates with Planning on pricing strategy.
- Coordinates and prioritizes the team’s weekly activities, develops and fosters a teamwork atmosphere.
- Shares knowledge, manages, coaches and mentors the Assistant Merchandise Directors/Merchandise Coordinators for your department.
- Provide direct/indirect reports with timely and regular feedback to support teammate development and growth.
- Executes and participates in quarterly team development check in process.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Min. of 7+ years of buying and/or merchandising experience ideally working with categories such a ready-to-wear, jewelry, and loungewear ideally within a luxury designer or advanced contemporary space.
- Must have experience overseeing both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising.
- Experience managing Merchandise Coordinator, Assistant and/or Associate Merchandisers.
- Omni-channel or ecommerce experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of vendor drop ship.
- Strong functional technical PC skills, including Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Experience in digital communications or marketing functions is a plus!
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excel in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be confident in building new processes and efficiencies.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Be a natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative.
- Be detail-oriented and strong organizational skills striving for a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and remotely in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Has managed employee(s) in the past, enjoys coaching and developing their team.
- Demonstrates patience, understanding and leads by example.
- Team player - build relationships with other internal and external teams and functions.
- Exudes a “no task is too big or too small” attitude, with initiative, commitment, reliability, and positivity.
Compensation Package + Perks:
- Competitive Salary Base
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan + 4% Match
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays
- Clothing Allowance + Product Gratis
- Excellent Corporate Culture