Marketplace Insights Analyst
. New York, NY 10016
Company Description: established high-end food + beverage brand
Location: New York, NY
- Own the entire competitive marketplace understanding and analysis for the brand's market share, direct competitors, and forecasting trends.
- Leverage key datasets such as NPD, IRI, and Stackline to constantly keep the organization on trend with how the market is moving.
- Work cross-functionally with the Marketing and any B2C related teams to deliver business relevant insights and recommendations in regards to pricing strategy, portfolio strategy, channel strategy, and account strategy.
- Proactively work with cross-functional teams and senior leadership to identify knowledge gaps.
- Leverage all data sources including past consumer, shopper research, secondary data, CRM data, and digital tracking to develop and share-out multisource insights syntheses.
- Actively seek and mine additional and non-traditional resources for deeper insights covering the market, retail behavior, and sustainability practices both for consumers and competitors.
- Drive a holistic view of the marketplace including share reporting, competitive intelligence, knowledge of key accounts, as well as other sources.
- Utilize data tools to uncover insights not immediately obvious to the organization.
- Partner with HQ to driven competitive insights throughout the organization.
- Leverage geographic level data including ESRII, Census, Competitive, and Direct Sales to support understanding on the key company's markets.
- Be the internal expert for delivering a point-of-view on how competition is performing in key areas
- Completed Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Management, Marketing, Statistics, or Computer Science; Master's Degree level candidates preferred.
- Min. 5+ years' experience in marketplace and competitive analysis required or related coursework.
- Min. 2+ years' experience delivering insights within an organization preferred.
- Proven ability to connect dots across multiple data sources and to deliver a narrative which can drive strategic impact.
- Working knowledge of syndicated research sources (ex. Mintel, Simmons, etc.) and POS/Panel data i.e., either Nielsen or IRI required.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools (SQL, SPSS, SAS) a plus!
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau) a plus!
- Competitive Salary Base
- Performance Bonus
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan + Match %
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Scholarship + Tuition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays