Line Cook (Rahway, NJ)
108 West 39th Street 7th Floor Suite # 710 New York, NY 10018
Title of Job: Cook
Company Description: The Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Location: Rahway, NJ
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Have own uniform - NO LOGOS - Chef Coat, Chef Hat, Black Pants, non-slip shoes, knife set
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.