127 E 9th street suite 603 los angeles, CA 90015
Title of Job: Ladies Designer
Company Description: Women's Denim Brand
Location: Los Angeles CA
- Responsible for the initiating and creating of Pocket Scroll line art, ensuring adherence to the brand parameters laid out by management.
- Responsible for creating, initiating and filling out all PDM package requirements for sample creation at proto stage, maintaining balance in the style requirements for both style detail and target FOB’s.
- Responsible for creating CAD developments specific to style before sample request is issued to unify, wash request, pocket scroll and sewing details before sample request is issued on as needed basis.
- Work with PD to ensure consistency of fit and sample accuracy to original design during the various sample stages.
- Liaison between Design, Wet Processing and Merchandising departments on any fabric quality testing and wash development requirements.
- Responsible for the initiation of inquiries on possible new construction treatments that might be required for costing and maker ability before use on an upcoming season.
- Liaison between Design, Merchandising on all developments (wash, construction details, trims) for Silver Ladies and will be responsible for monitoring timelines, progress, and deadlines with Merchandising for Silver Ladies Division.
- Will be responsible to do research that is necessary for product and design inspiration. This includes a working knowledge of competitor’s garments in the marketplace and on line as to silhouette offerings, design details and prices.
- Will be responsible for compiling and completing trend reports based design travel.
- Responsible for working with design team to complete mood and story boards based on themes laid out by Creative Director and Design Director SJC Ladies Bottoms.
- Responsible for preparation with SJC Ladies Bottoms design team for presentation materials for Design Forums.
- Liaison with Merchandising as required on any Ladies special hybrid styles for Buckle, Maurices and any other retail customers as necessary.
- The above duties, tasks and responsibilities may differ and other duties, as assigned, may be part of this job.
- A Clothing & Textiles degree, Design Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years in apparel merchandising and design.
- Must have strong administration, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe photo shop and Creative Suite 3 (Illustrator) required
- Knowledge of pattern, garment construction and product development is an asset.