Human Resources Generalist
Downtown Los Angeles, California 90232
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Company Description: Fashion Industry
Location: Downtown, LA
• Provide day to day support to Human Resources Department in general administrative functions such as filing, copying, creating folders, labeling.
• Coordinate and manage HR, Conference Room and New Store Opening calendars as it relates to HR.
• Answer basic employee inquiries regarding policy and processes.
• Assist direct reports to oversee monthly, quarterly and annual compliance procedures and audit processes for labor postings, safety, OSHA, and disability insurances for all States and locations.
• Partner with collaborative culture task forces to serve as event coordinator, host and promoter for special events for HR, Corporate and Retail team building, employee recognition and other events that drive and support company culture, including but not limited to, anniversary and birthday celebrations, holiday and annual events.
• Support Recruiters in full-cycle recruitment functions that includes but is not limited to, post and refresh job ads, schedule, coordinate and host candidate interviews, process background checks, maintain applications, ATS, and monitor Talent Acquisition Social Media programs.
• Coordinate with HR and cross-functional partners to ensure all new hire resources are available and ready on first day for corporate and retail; schedule and coordinate with HR necessary employee training.
• Conduct initial benefit enrollment meetings with new hires to support them through the application and enrollment process; communicate new enrollments to carrier, as well as any separating employees including sending COBRA packages in a timely manner.
• Assist to ensure all payroll timecards are completed by Managers timely; track all employee time off request and ensure updated in timekeeping system appropriately; assist with basic payroll processing functions and administration.
• Maintain consistent levels of supplies, new hire packages, brochures and current HR documents and update regularly as needed.
• Maintain detailed accuracy of data entry accuracy into HRIS by inputting new hires and terminations.
• Maintain regular personnel and confidential employment files in accordance with best practices and record retention.
• Confirm complete delivery of payroll, sort and deliver checks to necessary departments; attach and distribute any employee notices as needed in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with record retention standards and best practices.
• Generate and deliver reports as requested.
• Participate in special projects and perform other essential duties as assigned.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Establish, build and maintain professional relationships and demeanor at all times with internal and external business associates.
• Treat coworkers and members of management with courtesy and respect at all times.