Head of Merchandising
. Los Angeles, CA 90021
Title: Head of Merchandising
Company Description: Emerging Lifestyle Streetwear Brand
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Lead global Merchandising efforts to develop product assortments fit for the brand and build long-term business strategies within the department.
- Create seasonally targeted business strategies that meet and exceed financial goals and customer expectations.
- Collaborate with Design, Marketing, and Production on a product strategy that is both commercially viable and led from a
- Develop an assortment plan that tells a story in line with the brand's identity and mission and shows consistency that clearly differentiates it from competitors within the market.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer demographic and identify opportunities for new product lines by following consumer behavior
patterns, aspirations, and influences.
- Oversee the Gross Margin, line plan, and fiscal budget.
- Develop long-term product plan for the brand for consistent growth in styles, quality, and unit economics.
- Develop a robust strategy for product development as we move into additional product categories.
- Hire and manage freelance product specialists on a need basis.
- Develop and implement necessary systems to achieve high-quality products.
- Source needed factories for developing unique and varying product categories.
- Create a calendar that is flexible enough to allow for multiple product categories which traditionally have different launch times.
- Work with multi-disciplined teams including Design, Sourcing, Technical Design, and Production and Manufacturing.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of apparel merchandising experience within a vertical retailer.
- Experience working in an early stage, entrepreneurial company and working directly with factories.
- An ideal blend of financial knowledge and creative merchandising skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with focus on execution, problem-solving, and improving processes.
- Able to work within tight deadlines, make adjustments and changes to priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in working for a socially corporate responsible company with a passion for mental health awareness.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Discretionary Bonus
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays
- Product Gratis + Discounts