New York New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Graphic Designer
Location: Los Angeles
Company Description: Contemporary women's apparel and accessories brand
Support the marketing team by designing effective marketing materials. This role requires effective design skills for a wide range of marketing components including print (catalogs, magazines, newspaper ads, direct mail, brand books, etc) and web/social (organic and paid social media posts, banner ads, emails, etc).
- Work with Art Director and Marketing Director to create branded documents and presentations.
- Prepare marketing and other collateral following predetermined templates and guidelines as set by corporate.
- Development and execution of creative materials.
- Juggle, manage, and execute all aspects of many projects simultaneously from initial layout through creating final artwork for print or electronic production.
- Assist in keeping conceptual and graphic consistency in all channels and maintaining the graphic identity of the brand.
- Explore new advertising grids/graphic elements for magazine, email, ecommerce, newspaper and outdoor layouts.
- Deliver inspiring results in a short amount of time on tasks large and small.
- Have the ability to apply consistent layout and production skills to a variety of marketing assets including branded decks, product knowledge booklets, advertisements, event materials, and web and social media graphics in different formats – for print, digital and interactive media.
- Work effectively with outside suppliers such as photographers, retouchers, and printers, when required.
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain effective workflow and meet deadlines.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the field of design and be familiar with industry marketing programs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- MFA and/or BFA Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in Graphic Design or Production Design
- Strong portfolio exhibiting design acumen and detail-oriented production skills
- Excellent knowledge of typography, web, layout
- Branding experience (icon development, logo development)
- Strong time management skills and high attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark on Mac platform
- Excellent knowledge of pre-press file preparation including font management and support file links.