Girls and Boys Designer
New York New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Boys and Girls Designer
Company Description: Children’s fashion apparel company
• Follow direction from Design Director to execute designs for sets and Separates, sizes inf-16/20 for kids athetic apparel. Categories include tees-fashion tops-layers-bottoms
• Present seasonal concept, research market trends, select colors, trends, silhouettes, etc.
• Create CADs and maintain linesheets for each delivery.
• Conduct fittings with tech person.
• Work with production on product development. Have experience writing comments to overseas factories, create tech packs nad handles all techpack/CAD updates
• Communicate and meet with corporate partners for approvals. Maintain corporate approval records
• Make sure that most current samples are updated in the showroom.
• 3-5 years of experience in childrenswear design. Experience designing for athletic apparel or activewear preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of garment construction and fabrics.
• Photo shop.
• Knowledge of PLM is helpful, but not necessary.
•Strong follow up and presentation skills