New York New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Girls Designer
Company Description: Children’s fashion apparel company
• Responsible for designing /sketching multiple categories ranging from denim-dresses-tees-fashion tops-sweaters-sport/athleisure
• Present seasonal concept, research market trends, select colors, trends, silhouettes, etc.
• Create CADs and maintain linesheets for each delivery.
• Conduct fittings with tech person.
• Work with production on product development. Have experience writing comments to overseas factories, and writing tech packs.
• Meet with corporate partners for approvals. Maintain corporate approval records
• Make sure that most current samples are updated in the showroom.
• 3-5 years experience in girls apparel design (7-16). High taste level and experience designing higher end products preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of garment construction and fabrics.
• Photo shop.
• Knowledge of PLM is helpful, but not necessary.
•Strong follow up and presentation skills