. New York, NY 90012
Title: General Manager
Location: New York, NY
Company Description: Luxury Start-Up Company
- Recruit, hire, and train all new sales associates, supervisors, and managers.
- Coach and develop team members on the spot, giving feedback in the moment.
- Handle all scheduling including breaks and approve requested time off for employees.
- Handle all customer complaints and issues with poise and attentiveness to the issue(s) at hand.
- Manage the sales floor and engage with employees and customers by providing exceptional assistance and customer service.
- Manage and develop sales goals for individual team members and assist with their progress and personal growth.
- Coach and develop the sales team on clienteling etiquette and building a book of business.
- Meet and exceed personal store sales goals, conversions, and KPI's set by corporate.
- Manage profitability through staffing and payroll and via inventory control initiatives such as shrinkage and proper inventory management.
- Perform routine cycle counts in order to keep track of correct stock levels.
- Take on merchandising and operations duties such as stock replenishment, shipment processing, and visual merchandising initiatives.
- Able to offer customers product and brand knowledge.
- Able able to speak to current and future fashion trends each season in line with the brand.
- Act as a brand ambassador and strive to achieve the brand's ideals and mission statement.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly sales analysis paperwork reconciliation and other operational and managerial tasks.
- Minimum of 3+ years of retail store management experience in an advanced contemporary or luxury apparel setting; experience working with designer leather goods is a plus!
- Able to work flexible hours based on the store's needs - open to working days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to climb, reach & lift up to 30-50 lbs; able to stand for long periods of time.
Salary: depending on experience, starting at $65,000 up to $75,000 + benefits!