. New York, NY 10012
Title: General Manager
Location: New York, NY - Madison Ave
Company Description: Women's Advanced Contemporary Apparel Brand
- Recruit, hire, and train all new sales associates, supervisors & managers; coach and develop team members on the spot.
- Handle all scheduling, breaks, and approve time off for employees.
- Handle all customer complaints and issues with poise and attentiveness.
- Manage the sales floor and engage with employees and customers by providing exceptional assistance and customer service.
- Manage and develop sales goals for individual team members and assist with their progress and personal growth.
- Coach and develop sales associates on clienteling and building a book of business for themselves individually.
- Meet and exceed personal store sales goals, conversions, and KPI's set by corporate standards.
- Manage profitability through staffing and payroll and via inventory control initiatives such as shrinkage and proper inventory management.
- Perform routine cycle counts in order to keep track of correct inventory levels.
- Take on merchandising and operations roles such as stock replenishment, shipment processing, and visual merchandising initiatives.
- Able to offer customers product and brand knowledge; be able to speak to current and future fashion trends each season in line with the brand.
- Act as a brand ambassador and strive to achieve the brand ideals and mission.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly sales analysis paperwork reconciliation and other operational and managerial tasks.
- Minimum of 3+ years of retail store management experience in a women's contemporary, advanced contemporary, or luxury apparel setting
- Able to work flexible hours based on the store's needs - open to working days, nights, weekends & holidays
- Able to climb, reach & lift up to 30-50 lbs; able to stand for long periods of time
Compensation: depending on experience, $70,000 up to $80,000 + benefits!