. Bloomington, MN 55425
Title: General Manager
Location: Bloomington, MN
Company Description: Luxury Lifestyle Brand
Reports to: Area Manager
• Manages, recruits, on boards and trains store teams.
• Develops teams in brand, fashion and product knowledge, customer service skills and leadership skills.
• Provides succession planning for all staff and management team in the store.
• Follows up with management team to ensure proper training and staff assessment is being completed.
• Creates and acts on plans for future people development needs.
• Maintains an overview of all Employee Relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive and motivating work environment.
• Actively works with garments, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, steaming, displaying and merchandising per company guidelines to maximize selling opportunities.
• Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of concepts.
• Maximizes sales through joint operational and commercial focus and takes action to obtain highest level of profitability for the store.
• Manages and ensures stock level is appropriate to maximize selling.
• Responsible for pushes of high priority garments when necessary by communicating with the merchandising team.
• Ensures the garment presentation, garment level and visual standards are presented according to company's expectations.
• Ensures and follows up on all activities concerning events, promotions and sales activities in his/her store.
• Performs cash office operational functions.
• Ensures proper staff planning according to budget and needs.
• Establishes, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets with company's Area Team to optimize profit.
• Executes reductions, price changes, and transfers.
• Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags.
• Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantees employee and customer safety.
• Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in stores.
• Provides direct customer service on the sales floor.
• Leads by example mentoring staff in providing high quality direct and indirect customer service on the shop floor, in the fitting room and at the cash desk.
• Rings on the register, reports and handles all required transactions, issues receipts and packs merchandise.
• Establishes and oversees plans, budgets and variable costs for store; works with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability with the area team.
• Accurate recording of sales figures.
• Min. of 5+ years of fashion retail management experience in a luxury or advanced contemporary setting; experience with outwear & lifestyle brands a plus!
• Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc) for a short distance.
• Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proven organizational and analytical skills.
• Consistently shows ability to be sales driven and results-oriented by taking action, relating all decisions back to store results and working to improve P&L.
• Strong garment presentation skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge.
• Ability to take own initiative and take responsibility for actions.
• Ability to work strategically, tactically and operationally.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to be clear and convincing when communicating goals, information and expectations to staff.
• Ability to plan and achieve long and short term goals.
• Ability to coach and apply appropriate developmental tool for each individual.
• Experience with preparing and administrating progressive discipline process and performance management as well as succession planning.
• Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry are needed.
• Open availability including evenings and weekends.
Salary: DOE - $80,000 - $100,000 + benefits!