Furniture & Lighting Buyer
5410 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
Title: Furniture & Lighting Buyer
Company: Fast growing, DTC home decor brand
Location: Los Angeles, CA (with relocation opportunity)
- Execute a merchandise assortment plan with Planning that supports the financial and merchandising objectives.
- Participate in weekly open-to-buy meetings to ensure the department achieves financial targets for turn and sell-through goals
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and develop pipeline of sales events
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners such as Production and Designers in order to make sure designs are adoptable, costs are measured, and concepts are clearly defined
- Support Planning in all operational aspects of assigned product lines, delivery schedules, performance measurement, and inventory management.
- Analyze sales reporting on a weekly basis, proactively reacting to optimize sales and minimize risks
- Use reporting to develop an in depth understanding of product performance and customer base, develop action plans by category.
- Prepare detailed weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales analyses based on history, current trends and market forecasts.
- Onboard new brands and develop strong relationships that support the business goals; maintain brand relationships through regular communication.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure all products adhere to company values and maintain the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with creative and marketing teams to showcase new products in shoots and online.
- Perform market analysis and maintain industry expertise, competitive shop and analyze trends.
- Search for new and exciting products and reach out to designers and manufacturers to establish partnerships.
- Place and follow-up on orders with various manufacturers on product delivery, placement and shipping status.
- Attend trade shows and build/maintain vendor relationships.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify opportunities and risks.
- Passion for home décor products.
- 5+ years buying experience and minimum 2+ years experience in the home category
- Understanding of brand, aesthetic, and assortment building
- Solid grasp of retail math and inventory planning concepts.
- Self-motivated with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable and confident in making decisions in a timely manner
- Flexibility and willingness to pivot quickly when required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret meaningful trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills.
- Willing and available to travel.