Successful Fashion Brand seeking:
Front End Web Development Lead
NYC/Secaucus, NJ - can work part of the time in either location/ Remote flexibility
Deep front end Magento experience preferably in apparel retail is key, Magento certification is highly desirable.
The Front End Web Development Lead will manage and optimize front-end / UX delivery, operations and improvements of our eCommerce sites.
While this individual will lead a team of additional Front End Developers, this role is first and foremost a development role. This individual must be able to balance an approximate 50/50 split where the majority of their time is spent on their own specific development deliverables, while still tending to the needs and oversight of the larger Front End Development Team.
S/he will partner with Sr. IT and Business Leadership to drive DTC technology projects from ideation to deployment.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes digital, has a passion for new technologies and strong experience launching projects and supporting existing systems in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams and multiple stakeholders.
This person MUST be able to operate with out a lot of guidance and oversight, which means, they can prioritize their work load, communicate deliverables of them and their teams, and escalate/evaluate when to engage their manager but self-discipline, and self-reliance are important at this lead level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement innovative and secure features and functionality for e-commerce
- Provide oversight and guidance to both the Front End Development components of Magento Application improvements, but also oversight, guidance, and expertise to CMS work and other front end tools (like personalization engines + analytics tag management tools) to ensure on time updates to our website
- Optimize existing UX experiences for improved responsive design and site performance
- Troubleshoot, research and analyze issues as they arise to solve problems in a responsive and timely manner
- Partners with cross-functional business teams for projects with diverse scope and complexity
- Responsible for assessment of business needs; including functional design, requirements specification, and acting as a business liaison during development and testing phases for ecommerce initiatives
- Partner with members of the functional & technical teams, and vendors to deliver solutions and often acting as a project or team lead
- Works with project managers and technical architects on documenting processes related to current and new functionality across systems
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Provide timely and excellent customer service to our business partners and stakeholders. As well as daily updates to their direct supervisor.
- Performs daily and periodic system support tasks to ensure continuous systems operation.
- Be aware of and follow company IT and security policies
- Serve as a leader and mentor in for other developers on the team
- Performs daily and periodic system support tasks to ensure continuous systems operation
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years related work experience in eCommerce for a clothing retailer, including website development, order management and warehouse management systems integrations
- 5+ years related experience in systems implementation and software development life-cycle
- 5+ years related experience with responsive design for web sites
- 5+ years related experience with version control and source code management (prior GitFlow experience strongly desired)
- 5+ years PHP expertise required
- 3+ years related experience leading / mentoring other Front End Web Developers
- 3+ years experience in front end, cross browser performance optimizations (including caching and scaling strategies)
- 2+ years experience / expertise with Magento 2.2+ (Commerce version preferred)
- Magento 2 FED Certification Required
- Experience in SEO best practices required
- In-depth knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance required
- Familiarity with databases, operating systems and system interfaces in a retail environment required
- Experience w AWS strongly desired
- Experience w GTM strongly desired
- Experience with OWASP Top 10 strongly desired
- Familiarity with Mobile App implementations strongly desired
- Project management experience is a plus
- Highly developed interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills
- Strong documentation, planning, organizing and analytical skill
- Demonstrated orientation around high-quality standards and client focus
- Analytical and critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- A successful candidate will be professional, motivated, adaptable to changing priorities, and a team player able to work in a collaborative environment