Freelance Yarn & Fabric Associate
650 Madison Avenue 8th Floor New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Yarn & Fabric Associate
Location: New York, NY
End: on going (no set end date yet)
- Track sample and stock Lab dips. Monitor color approval against seasonal time and action calendar to ensure timely delivery. • Initiate, maintain and distribute a weekly yarn and fabric schedule for samples and stock.
- Partner with Woven Fabric Ops regarding factory allocation for shared fabrics. •
- Review sample garments with production team members for garment care. •
- Negotiate and confirm final stock raw material minimums, leadtimes and prices with vendor –
- Communicate to finished goods suppliers and production team for garment costing. •
- Initiate and maintain stock raw material purchasing calendar •
- Reconcile/approve raw material invoices in Ariba system. •
- Ensure new vendor set-up; request completed SAF/VCP accordingly. •
- Manage excess yarn inventories. •
- Partner with Production team to resolve yarn quality/color issues.
- Maintain seasonal metrics, i.e. stock raw material purchasing figures and yarn price analysis •
- Initiate RMS form with vendor and confirm details accepted prior to production testing
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree •
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Yarn and Production knowledge. •
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office •
- Good communication, follow-up, analytical skills.
- Team player.