Freelance Workshop Jeweler
200 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10010
Workshop Jeweler - Pelham, NY
Duration: Temp-Perm or Permanent Placements Direct
The Workshop is where the highest quality and rarest jewels are handcrafted and assembled into works of art.
• Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for Jewelers, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor. Contributes to 5S improvements as demonstrated at your workstation and within the department.
• Primary responsibilities include supporting the brand's Workshop jewelry manufacturing aesthetic and integrity to create unique and enduring jewelry pieces with and without diamonds and gemstones.
• Focus on improving overall efficiency by adhering to the brand's prescribed routing steps and within standard times for completion of jewelry pieces and key projects flowing through the Workshop. Functions and responsibilities will be carried out in full compliance of quality standards, project timelines, gemological requirements, work instructions and procedures. Use appropriate tooling as required.
• Expedite repairs of all levels of complexity precious-metal jewelry pieces for own work and assigned tasks.
• Communicate effectively to keep Director updated on project status, issues, and concerns. Identify potential barriers to meeting completion timelines as soon as they arise.
• Perform other duties to support departmental objectives and deliverables including but not limited to setting and polishing work as assigned to support departmental objectives and deliverables.
• Verify the accuracy of work orders in terms of but not limited to: tracking location, CODC if applicable, high value components.
• Immediately notify Director of any discrepancies.
• High School Diploma.
• 10+ years bench jeweler experience – preferably working with high end and/or one-of-a-kind jewelry.
• Demonstrated Knowledge/experience of a Laser Welder Machine.
• Experience working with platinum, yellow gold, white gold.
• Extensive experience working with diverse materials (e.g., platinum, yellow gold, white gold) and gemstones/diamonds
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers and multiple staff levels.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
• Professional work ethic demonstrative of exceptional customer service, compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security; attendance.
• Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the department as needed by the business.
• Technical understanding of polishing and setting jewelry manufacturing techniques.
• Experience setting diamonds and colored gemstones.
• Significant experience with performing and troubleshooting jewelry repairs.
• Flexibility to work overtime and/or modified work schedules as needed by the business.
• Proficiency using MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Diamond and colored gemstone setting experience, preferably high end jewelry.
• Jewelry/Manufacturing industry experience.
• Experience with diamonds and colored gemstones –certification preferred.
• Accredited Jewelry certification