Freelance Web Graphic Designer (San Francisco, CA)
2 Folsom St San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title: Freelance Senior Web Graphic Designer
Target Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 MONTHS
Contract only or Contract to hire: Possible Contract to Hire
Work Location: San Francisco CA
Work Schedule: 9AM-5:30PM
Hours per Week: 40
The Sr. Designer will be responsible for concept development and innovative creative solutions for all digital marketing strategies. This individual will take projects from brainstorm phase through launch for a host of marketing vehicles including email, mobile and desktop web properties. In this role the Sr. Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Copywriters, Marketers, Merchants, Content Developers and the UI/UX teams.
• Design elevated and effective site and email experiences
• Drive innovation with editorial approach
• Concept stories that work across digital platforms and transition them into final production-ready layouts
• Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards
• Present work to the leadership team
• Collaborate with other designers to carry through the execution of design layouts
• Effectively communicate functionality and strategy to web-content-developers
• Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
• Minimum of 5 years of web and print design experience, Video editing experience a plus.
• Experience successfully partnering and directing visual UX designers to execute a final responsive design. Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams.
• Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
• Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
• Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design.