Freelance Web Designer
503 BROADWAY New York, NY 10012
Job Title: Freelance Web Designer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 9/3 – 3/2
Full time hours
Looking for a Web Designer with a strong production background to assist the Creative Team with localizing the brand's online site & marketing content for Int’l customers in targeted countries & regions.
The International Web Designer will support the Senior Designer in editing approved digital assets for use on the website and across all digital marketing programs to localize content for targeted countries and regions. In addition, the Int’l Web Designer will create new assets for International audiences (eg., Display Ads, Emails & Direct Mail). The Int’l Web Designer is an integral part of a growing team focused on expanding the digital channel’s impact on the brand's global growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Manage assigned digital and print projects under the guidance of the Senior Web Designer, Art Director and Territory Manager.
• Handle production duties including daily design and copy updates to site, email and display ads.
• Occasional light retouching to imagery.
• Create and maintain design templates and libraries.
• Interpret initial digital marketing creative into multiple design specs across all platforms.
• Concept and create new marketing drivers.
• Stay current on design/fashion/editorial/retail/competitor trends.
• Maintain brand and typographic consistency across materials and brand channels.
• Produce, optimize and output final Web-ready digital artwork.
• Ensure accuracy across multiple simultaneous projects throughout the creative & production process.
• Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs while working in collaboration with colleagues in satellite offices.
• Implement and maintain a high standard of design, format and production, while adhering to global brand standards and regional guidelines.
• BFA (Design / Interactive) or equivalent experience.
• Proven talent in graphic and interactive design.
• 3-4 years previous experience within a corporate or creative agency.
• Previous experience with fashion or retail brands desired.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of best practices for web image optimization.
• Very strong verbal and written communication.
• Must be a highly motivated, independent self-starter with immaculate attention to detail.
• Strong ability to multi-task, work under pressure, manage time efficiently to meet all project deadlines.
• Very strong and sophisticated typography.
• Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing.
• Passion and understanding of e-commerce, UX, and marketing best practices.
• Strong understanding of grid systems and responsive design systems.
• Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member with an enthusiastic attitude that works well in a team environment both in-house and with satellite colleagues.