Freelance Visual Merchandiser (San Francisco, CA)
Harrison St San Francisco, CA 94158
FREELANCE VISUAL MERCHANDISER- San Francisco CA
Target Start Date: 9/16/19
Duration: 1-3 Months
Work Schedule: M-F 9-5
Hours per Week: 32
Responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing window and in-store displays for both online and brick and mortar retail stores. Visual Merchandisers must combine their creativity and artistic flair with technical know-how to set up displays that maximize the space of the store while effectively catching the eye and appealing to the senses of their target customers. Their main goals are: (1) create and maintain an image for a department or store that resonates with their target customers, (2) increase customer traffic in the store, and (3) guide their customers' browsing through merchandise placement and store layout to result in an eventual sale. A bachelor's degree in Visual and/or Fashion Merchandising, Graphic Design, Applied Design, or a related field is usually required. Coursework in Consumer Psychology and buying behavior is helpful. A bachelor's degree in Visual and/or Fashion Merchandising, Graphic Design, Applied Design, or a related field is usually required. Coursework in Consumer Psychology and buying behavior is helpful."
• Assist VM team create a compelling seasonal In-Store and Window presentations.
• Unpack, check in, and sort all seasonal samples.
• Dress mannequins for store sets and window presentations.
• Prepare studio for leadership walk-through's (folding, steaming, detailing, etc.)
• Manage studio organization, lighting and a clean work-space.
• Assist in brand set-ups as needed.
• Need to be able to be on feet and lift/move 40 lbs.