767 5th Ave New York, NY 10153
- The Recruiter is responsible for partnering directly with Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners to provide recruitment support and solutions for Marketing/Channels positions across ELC’s portfolio of brands, in alignment with ELC’s vision of becoming the "best home for talent." The Manager of Talent Acquisition will focus on recruitment for Executive Director and below levels. The Manager of Talent Acquisition will also work on strategic projects supporting talent pipeline, talent diversity, global talent sharing, recruiting effectiveness, etc.
- 25% Leadership – Works independently and/or along with the ED of Talent Acquisition, collaborating directly with Hiring Managers/Business Leaders and HR Business Partners to provide effective recruitment support and solutions for Marketing/Channels positions across ELC’s portfolio of brands (Executive Director and below levels). Proactively works to (1) strengthen overall talent pipeline at ELC, (2) build the pipeline of diverse and inclusive talent, (3) support global talent sharing, and (4) promote the integrated use of both internal and external candidate sourcing pipelines. Facilitates core team meetings, helps to develop recruitment activity reports, communications, stakeholder and/or progress reporting materials, and presents relevant topics to area leaders, as assigned and appropriate. Leverages insights for meaningful suggestions and strategic decisions. Indirectly assists in managing and coaching junior team members (recruitment Coordinators).
- 25% Problem Solving – Maintains awareness of industry news, activity and trends impacting talent sourcing and hiring dynamics. Reviews internal/external best practices, consults relevant literature in the recruiting space, and solicits input from HR partners and/or business leaders in order to help shape/inform recruitment strategies. Helps to inform and educate colleagues appropriately. Supports interview requests from senior management, working with the ED of Talent Acquisition to provide timely follow-up and help manage key stakeholders and expectations effectively. Helps to identify disruptive solutions for recruiting at ELC, and acts as subject matter expert on cross-functional teams, as assigned and appropriate. Leads strategic projects supporting talent pipeline, talent diversity, global talent sharing, recruiting effectiveness, and other practices consistent with the vision and strategy of the Talent COE and HR. Supports transformation within the Talent Acquisition team and internal client groups to ensure clarity, understanding and a seamless recruitment processes and experiences, and drive recruitment effectiveness. Partners with Talent COE and other HR colleagues to help (1) modernize ELC’s recruitment strategies and channels, (2) link recruitment strategies to workforce planning and talent management strategies, (3) ensure an integrated approach to sourcing both internal and external talent, (4) support global talent sharing, and (5) support the use of optimal assessment tools and methodologies.
- 25% Decision Making – Helps to develop and deploys use of candidate generation tools for internal and external candidate pipelines (campus, digital/social, newsletters etc.), in alignment with ELC’s talent strategy. Screens candidates and uses most appropriate criteria and assessment methodologies. Conducts phone screens to confirm interest and availability, share information about the position, and schedule in-person interviews. Ensures that all relevant applicant information is entered in the Applicant Tracking System, and that decisions are made and communicated in a timely manner. Helps to develop/strengthen talent acquisition processes, policies and programs, and to monitor their use, adoption and effectiveness. Anticipates and addresses industry and employment practice changes affecting applicant availability, sourcing channels and recruiting results.
- 25% Independence of Action and Accountability – Overall direction is primarily set by ED of Talent Acquisition. However, the Manager of Talent Acquisition is expected to seize on opportunities to offer input towards incremental decisions that align talent acquisition with the overall vision and strategy of the Talent COE and HR. The Manager of Talent Acquisition may also be accountable for deliverables associated with strategic projects supporting talent pipeline, talent diversity, global talent sharing, and recruiting effectiveness.
- 0% Budget Responsibility: No budget responsibility, although excellent judgment is expected when suggesting spending decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimal Travel
- Five years of recruitment experience in retail or marketing space, ideally in beauty, luxury retail or consumer packaged goods, required. Deep talent acquisition and workforce planning expertise, and experience using Applicant Tracking Systems also required. Strong attention to detail and analytical skills, strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, excellent communication and facilitation skills, solid project management capabilities, and results orientation are all preferred qualifications for this role. Internal consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, take risks, champion and influence change, are also preferred. A four-year Bachelor’s degree is required.