Freelance Temp Assistant Buyer
1500 N. El Centro, 1st Floor Los Angeles, CA 90028
Job Title: Freelance Assistant Buyer
Location: Hollywood, CA
Job Open Date: 4/1/2019
End Date: 4/30/2019
- Assist in developing seasonal merchandising strategies and prioritize tasks to support market strategy.
- Communicate departmental seasonal strategies to design and cross functional merchandising team to ensure they support long term departmental goals.
- Rank styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
- Partner with planning team to develop balanced investment and inventory strategies
- Make recommendations for in season strategy changes as needed and communicate to cross functional team on a timely basis
- Purchase order management - Ability to reconcile and report out receipts on a monthly basis and demonstrate financial responsibility for success of business
- Assist in executing business strategies, including product development, promotional strategies, and product presentation.
- Partner with Visual Team in order to execute product presentation that reflects overall business goals
- Work closely with other buyers in the team in order to ensure a seamless cross-channel experience for the customer.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate details for all styles, record all changes communicated by brand production team and/or merchant team.
- Work close with allocators in order to maintain an pre-distro purchase orders
- Formulate short-term tactical plans that are cost effective, efficient, and realistic
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years already at an Associate level with an expertise managing a volume of 50 mil and above within a large apparel retail chain
- Posses a g working knowledge of financial measurements
- Posses strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeand/or ability to use prompt order management system