Job Title: Freelance Technical Designer for LBA (Luggage, Bags, and Accessories)
Company: Established luggage & bag brand
Location: Seattle, WA
Timeline: March 1st - End Mid August
- Ability to build technical sketches in Illustrator a must.
- Measure and prepare product from sample maker and factory for review. Review all details, noting what is not correct in order to review with LBA team. Ability to see the areas of construction that need improvement for production, costing, and quality standards.
- Identify, document and clearly communicate all necessary information from reviews between departments and factories for pattern, spec, and construction changes using pattern diagrams, photos, or directly working with departments involved for change. This is to be done in a timely manner in order to maintain deadlines for factories.
- Help to establish standards for construction, costing and design, building a standards book for departments to reference. Send standard books out to factories as needed.
- Develop and review priorities on the line flow chart from development through production with product manager. Work with other departments to ensure chart is up to date. Help to ensure all deadlines are being met across departments.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Help maintain cutwork for patternmakers, prepare cut packages for sample makers, ensuring all necessary trims and findings are included.
- Work closely with patternmaker and sample maker to ensure clear understanding of how to correctly construct the product, passing on seam allowances information, and finish details of product.
- Help maintain flow of all pre production protos with factory and patternmakers. Verify execution is correct as requested for all design details and construction issues.
- Experience in patternmaking and construction a must. Knowledge or ability to use Gerber/ Accumark computer pattern system a plus. Willingness to be trained on Gerber in order to assist and grow in pattern development with LBA product.
- Work closely with local factory, along with outside factories as needed.
- Follow current market trends, especially in regards to LBA product, construction engineering, and styling to continue to grow within the role as a technical designer.
- This candidate will be an independent thinker and an excellent team player, with the ability to proactively problem solve.
- Yunique PLM experience a plus
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Illustrator a must.
- 5 + years experience, preferably in LBA product.
- Experience in product engineering a plus
- Gerber, Accumark pattern system experience helpful but not necessary.
- College degree from fashion program with technical/ patternmaking emphasis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Sewing and construction skills essential.