Freelance Store Designer
200 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Freelance Designer
Company Description: Luxury jewelry brand
Duration: 3 months
Location: New York, NY
Looking for Project Designer to join our Store Design team.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant working experience (preferably in an architectural office).
- A full understanding of architectural design process from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Experience working as part of a creative team in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in luxury retail design.
- Ability to independently create clear and coherent floor plans (retail layouts) within a diverse range of spaces.
- Strong presentation skills to clearly communicate pros/cons of design options clearly and succinctly.
- Strong organizational skills in the management of correspondence and tasks.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong hand sketching skills to quickly explore plan options, perspectives, and details.
- Ability to create clear redline markups of construction sets.
- Ability to create clear design sketches to answer RFI’s from Architects and GCs.
- Fluency in AutoCAD to quickly produce plan options, design elevations, and schematic details.
- Fluency in a 3D program (Sketchup, Rhino, of 3d studio) to study and quickly resolve design details as well as clearly presenting designs.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) for design studies and presentation layouts.
- Knowledge of applicable accessibility and code requirements for proper coordination with architects.
- Experience working with multiple consultants (MEP, Lighting) to achieve quality designs that meet technical requirements.
- Preferable have experience in millwork/furniture design.
- Ability to construct quick study models in paper and foam core.