Freelance Staff Accountant
330 West 34th street - 2nd, 3rd and 4th Floors New York, NY 10120
Job Title: Freelance Staff Accountant
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Time Frame: Temp to Perm - 90 days
This opening is because of internal movement / growth within the company.
-BS Degree in Accounting
-Accounts payable/ receivable experience required ( 1 - 3 Years)
-Internship work preferred
-GPA of 3.0 or higher
-Will look at Finance graduates if not enough candidate flow with Accounting degree
• Perform analytical reviews and variance analysis for balance sheets and income statements.
• Prepare and present accurate, well supported financial analysis and reports.
• Prepare detailed balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare and post accurate journal entries into the financial systems.
• Ensure results are fairly stated in accordance with GAAP and internal policies.
- Adhere to and enhance internal financial controls.
- Provide support and analysis for annual budgets and weekly forecasts.
- Provide support to divisional finance and operations teams.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Training & Development:
- Excellent internal technical and management training programs.
- Formal rotation and mentorship program which offers extensive career growth opportunities.
- Opportunities for short term special assignments at other offices throughout the Company.
- Global Opportunities – After initial training in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania there are opportunities to transfer to other offices in New York City, Florida, Kansas, Wisconsin.
- Excellent benefit package, including health, dental, life insurance, vacation, personal days, 401k, retirement plan, stock purchase plan, generous company discount….plus much more!
- On Site Fitness Room.
- On Site Basketball Court, Ping Pong, and Pool tables.
- Company sponsored sports leagues, off-site. Great opportunity to network with others in the Harrisburg Young Professionals organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong verbal and written communication analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
- Detail oriented with ability to understand the whole process.
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during peak periods.
- Mobility and willingness to relocate a plus.