Freelance Sr. Communication Specialist
200 Fifth Avenue New York, New York 10010
Freelance: Sr. Internal Communication Specialist
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 3 - 6 months (potential for perm)
This position will play an important role on brand's Global Internal Communications team. The individual will employ excellent communication and project management skills to oversee the ongoing production and evolution of the brand's digital signage communication, in partnership with management. He/she will also contribute regularly to other important team projects and programs such as writing/producing content for our company intranet and newsletters, and producing live events and videos; provide editorial support and communications consult to business partners across the organization to support key initiatives; back fill other Internal Communications (IC) responsibilities as required; and contribute to the ongoing evolution of the department in line with best practices and business needs.
Communication Vehicle Management:
• Lead content creation and publication of the brand's digital signage communication vehicle. Involves news gathering, editing, layout, design and publishing using PhotoShop and a content management tool, as well as overseeing a community of remote publishers. Also involves liaising with IT and our digital signage vendor. Partner with management to guide and continually evolve this channel.
• Play key role in project managing the brand's quarterly employee webcasts on our financial results/strategic priorities, liaising with IC management and other staff in doing so. Partner with management to continually evolve this program.
• In partnership with management, outside vendors and other key business partners, play a key role in the production and project management of various video communications and live events.
• Source content from business partners around the company, and write and edit articles – brief and extended form – for our weekly e-newsletter and the intranet.
• Assist with executive communications and scripting.
• Publish content to intranet and other digital formats, and help with weekly production cycles.
• Create content for internal social media channel and help with channel’s ongoing evolution.
Consulting & Miscellaneous Communications Support
• Provide a range of editorial and communications consult to HR coworkers and other business partners, both strategic and tactical, as necessary, including creation of communication plans.
• Assist in ongoing evolution of department, including generating fun, creative new ideas to enhance employee engagement, and helping with communications measurement.
• Contribute to other key team projects, as required.
• Backfill duties of the IC Manager, as required.
• BA in English, Communications, Journalism or related field
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in a communications-related field, preferably corporate communications and specifically internal communications
• Strong core communications skills -- writing, editing, speaking, planning
• Strong project management skills, with experience managing video projects and live events a plus
• Strategic thinker, with ability to see own work within overall department/business goals and identify opportunities for evolution
• Strong creativity and design sense, with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and absorb new work when called upon
• Good familiarity with best-practice communication methods and technology
• Social media- and digital/mobile-savvy; familiarity with internal social media preferred
• Key qualities: Resourceful, flexible, adaptable, thoughtful, proactive, creative, committed, collaborative/team-player, easy-going yet focused and driven to excellence, positive attitude/sense of humor, highly professional
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of core MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel - with emphasis on first two
• Knowledge of MS SharePoint and content management/publishing systems (e.g., intranet and digital signage)
• Ability to work standard office hours, with flexibility as needed
• Ability to travel locally, on limited basis
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
• Familiarity with webconferencing tools
• Experience working in a global company
• Experience working in retail, preferably luxury/jewelry industry