Freelance Soft Wovens Designer
450 W 14th St 11th Floor nyc, New York 10018
Job Title: Freelance Soft Wovens Designer
Location: New York, NY
3-5 year’ s experience, aesthetic of design should align with the brand
This person will be design soft woven and gowns, translating their vision, ideas and sketches into a finished product. They will work closely with the rest of the design team to make sure the product is cohesive with the brand's aesthetic and partner with various departments to help build the business.
You can expect to…
- Interprets the seasonal mood and concept working with the Director of Design Studio and Creative Director and design team on the development of the season.
- Designs concepts, illustrations/sketching by hand, drape and create designs based on original ideas.
- Proficient in garment construction, luxury fabrics, silhouette, finishing, embellishments and trim.
- Communicate chosen designs to in-house pattern maker and sewers to ensure a high result and finish.
- Develop design ideas into groups and create a story with one idea. Illustrate boards based on deliveries.
- Work on a comprehensible, neat, presentation; on boards, and fabric boards.
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar. Prepares design presentations for review meetings.
- Researches and creates new approaches and methods for the specific category.
- Working closely with Senior Designer, studio manager and merchandising team to ensure product needs are accomplished.
- Work closely with Product Development team to launch embroidered and embellished garments.
- Partner with the Knits & Sweaters Designers to ensure a cohesive collection across categories.
- Able to work on overlapping seasons and storylines.
- Maintain a pulse on fashion, culture, art and lifestyle scene.
- Work on special projects such as magazine illustration requests, charity requests, and celebrity dress designs.
To ensure success you must be…
- Highly attentive to detail
- Technically proficient
- A Team Player
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Very Organized
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- A problem solver
- Adaptable to company structure, responsibilities, and core values
To join our team you must have…
- experience in Woven, Soft Dressing and Gowns
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Fashion Design
- High fashion aesthetics with modern aesthetic sensibility
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office, Illustrator, Photoshop