Freelance Social Media Manager
535 Mission Street San Francisco, CA 94105
JBCconnect Client: Major social media platform
Location: San Francisco, CA
Title: Social Media Manager
This is fulltime, freelance position that is based in the Bay Area but is remote until otherwise noted. Seeking local candidates only
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of the companies hiring success. You'll work with various stakeholders including Creative, Brand, Events, Communications, Recruiting, and more.
This role will be responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of social marketing communications initiatives that support and build our employment brand in the eyes of our global talent markets.
The ideal individual for this role will feel comfortable setting strategy and managing details, have amazing writing and editing abilities, enjoy managing multiple projects concurrently, and will succeed in a fast-moving organization. They thrive within cross-functional teams, excel at building and managing relationships with internal partners and stakeholders, and exhibit excellent organizational skills. They are well versed in all the latest trends and will be a subject matter expert across the leading social channels for the org. Displaying quality, accuracy and willing to provide their opinion on all the team’s content is a must. This person will serve a vital role on the team, helping craft our employment brand’s POV to the world on a daily basis.
This is a contract position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Set and maintain the social media strategy for the Global Attract team, aligning with our corporate brand and employment brand standards.
- Build and lead measurement plan to ensure that the content strategy is evaluated correctly and demonstrates business value.
- Be the champion of the audience: ensure that the editorial agenda serves both company needs and audience needs.
- Create copy playbooks across channels to ensure our employment brand has a consistent voice.
- Become an expert in our voice/ employment brand, making sure our content is focused on the needs of our candidate communities. Understand the social presence of the employment brand
- Analyze community, cultural, technological and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for content.
- Partner with a vendor to monitor social sentiment on trending topics, report on trends to inform content decisions
- Day-to-day contact and strategic partner for social media community moderation agency
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years relevant social media marketing experience
- 2+ years of writing/editing experience
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn new skill sets, and gain an understanding of operational challenges
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, with a proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful and creative storyteller
- Driven to help our recruiting and hiring teams connect with potential candidates in a meaningful way
- Ability to independently identify and act on priorities and leverage opportunities
- Ability to articulate concepts and solutions in a way that resonates with talent communities
- Exceptional relationship building skills in a highly cross-functional environment