Freelance Serialized Operations Assistant
200 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Freelance Serialized Operations Assistant
Location: Pelham, NY
End: 3 months
Looking for a detailed oriented professional who has had experience handling diamonds. Willing to train for all other skills.
Top 3 skills
Diamond Handling Experience
The Serialized Operations Assistant role encompasses Receiving and Inventory functions. The Serialized Operations Assistant is responsible for the systematic receipt of all serialized diamonds arriving at the brand's Gemological Laboratory. The Serialized Operations Assistant is responsible for the overall management of brand's diamond inventory, onward supply of diamonds by assuring accuracy according to established procedures. The position performs critical J.D. Edwards transactions, as well as requirements of the brand's guidelines.
• Perform the detailed systematic receipt/ transfer of all production diamonds using the J.D. Edwards system. Attach barcode labels to the individual envelopes according to CODC guidelines. Verify number of diamonds against memo/ transfer sheet to ensure accuracy. Confirm accuracy of total receipt value if applicable.
• Perform Laurelton Polished Reclass, Reclass reversals, Redo process for qualified diamonds. Receive and process all NTQ/RTV diamonds according to established procedures.
• Perform the sale and purchase transactions in J.D. Edwards to move memos to stock, physically categorize and locate in serial number sequence in the appropriate general inventory locations and select diamonds from inventory to support the requirements of manufacturing work orders
• Perform the daily high value count and conduct inventory cycle counts as required, to confirm inventory accuracy.
• As requested by Management assist with various projects and tasks associated with the Pelham Diamond Division.
• Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for your position, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor.
• High School diploma.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience working with verifying information and data files.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and contribute within a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
• Flexibility to work overtime to meet business needs.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Experience with inventory systems (J.D. Edwards).
• Knowledge of Diamond Industry.