Freelance Senior E-Commerce Manager
225 LIberty St. New York, NY 10018
Job Title: FreelanceSenior E Commerce Manager
Location: New York, NY
Duration ASAP – 6 months
Full time hours
A mathematics or econ degree is a plus. Digital background is also a plus
Please see detailed job description below:
What This Position Is All About:
The Manager, Ecommerce is responsible for coordinating and support of the performance and merchandising strategy of the total category to deliver sales and gross margin objectives. Strategies will be supported by analysis of metrics, User/AB testing and current market trends thereby delivering and executing actionable insights, analyses and recommendations for both short and long term strategies for .com.
As The Manager, E-Commerce You Will:
• Under direction of the Director, Ecommerce help support the conceptualization, prioritization and calendarization of digital content/editorial and email strategy
• Support Director to achieve the sales and margin plans of the product category.
• Involved in creation & management of site content strategies cross functionally including: promotional events, editorials/events content, features, special assortments, and all Holiday
• Determine best linking strategy for each HP, e-mail and section page. Measure and monitor content effectiveness, and communicate how content strategy is contributing to business goals by Gift Guides.
Reporting & Analysis
• Tracks and analyzes sales and inventory performance and makes recommendations on actions to improve results.
• Interpret and react to metrics to help drive site content strategies. Develop, interpret and react to User testing and AB testing strategies.
• Populate creative briefs for weekly content, editorial, email and vendor boutiques
• Collaborates with merchants and HBC Digital to execute business strategies.
• Prepares materials for regular update meetings, including sales results, inventory and SKU information, upcoming launches and promotions, corrective actions, etc.
Who You Are:
• You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
• An effective verbal and written communicator
• A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
• Have a strong customer focus and drives for results
• Ability to provide creative solutions to challenges faced
You Also Have:
• BA/BS Degree
• 2-4 years of experience in category or website merchandising management
• Familiarity with site analytics tools (e.g., Omniture, Google Analytics, Coremetrics) and with content management tools
• Technical aptitude with web-based tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must demonstrate business acumen and analytical skills
• Have an understanding of and passion for digital retail landscape
• Ability to multitask and achieve deadlines in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner