Freelance Sales Assistant
10 E. 40th St. New York, NY 10016
Job Title: Freelance Sales Assistant – Excel Expert
Location: New York, NY
Start ASAP- until they find the perm candidate
Must be advanced level in excel including doing v-lookups and pivot tables. Ideally looking for candidates who have taken an Excel test prior and can provide scores.
The Assistant, Branded Sales will assist our Branded Sales team with daily tasks and responsibilities including sales planning and preparation, analysis, and account management. He/She will be exposed to various aspects of customer- facing activities with a career path to an Account Executive. The Assistant, Branded Sales will report to the Director of Branded Sales and will work closely on a day-to-day basis supporting Branded Sales Executives.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Support Account Executives through various administrative and support responsibilities to establish and achieve sales goals.
- Exhibit strong presentation and communication skills; develop intimate knowledge of branded product.
- Manage sample line 3 coordination to department stores and external representatives; Liaise with Merchandising Assistant.
- Coordinate regional show set ups including samples, travel, budget, and invoicing.
- Participate in selling at trade shows or in the NY Showroom with Department & Specialty stores.
- Assist Planning Manager with weekly retail sales summaries and analysis across all brands and categories, detailing best and worst sellers through style recaps.
- Assist in seasonal sales planning activities, including department store selling analysis from classification to door reports.
- Assist in preparation of showroom for market and sales meetings.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in wholesale, retail and/or private label sales.
- Must be very organized, detail oriented with strong communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Must demonstrate both analytical and creative abilities and have an energetic spirit with a love of print, pattern and color.
- Proficiency in MS Office; Mastery of MS Excel is a must.