Freelance Quality Assurance Inspector - TIFJP00000588
200 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10010
Freelance Quality Assurance Inspector
Location: Pelham, NY
Perform in-process and finished goods quality inspections ensuring merchandise meets the brand's requirements. Perform component inspections. Record inspection data. Perform on-site general inspections a local contractors and suppliers.
• Inspect merchandise throughout the manufacturing processes to ensure conformance to all of the brand's requirements. Record inspection data and administer disposition of rejected merchandise.
• Participate in corrective action projects and other QA related special activities
• Perform on-site inspections at local contractors and suppliers (up to 30% at peak times depending on business needs).
• Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for your position, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor
• High School Diploma
• Three years Quality Assurance experience or equivalent
• Strong communication skills, fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Accuracy with calculations, data entry
• Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) knowledge
• Ability to work with a microscope for extended periods
• Ability to evaluate jewelry pieces visually
• College degree
• Graduate Gemologist (GG) or Graduate Jeweler (GJ) Diploma
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQA, CQT, CQIA)