Freelance Project Manager
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Project Manager, Store Development, Wholesale
Location: New York, NY
Full time hours
Temporary Project Manager will work with team to design, develop and manage free standing retail stores for both new design/construction & renovations of existing stores globally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* - Produce and manage design and design development packages for new retail stores and renovations; from initial design concept thru project opening.
* - Responsible for project management including; design, construction, millwork shop drawing review, sample review, as well as, budget and schedule maintenance.
* - Coordinate project’s program requirements with in-house departments; Decorative, Merchants, Visual and Operations.
- Maintain constant dialogue with managers regarding status and progress of projects.
- Partner with construction teams for project schedules, budgets and milestones.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
* -Degree in Architecture and 3-7 years’ experience in high-end/luxury retail design or with high end/luxury residential/commercial architecture/interior design firm(s)
* -Proficiency in AutoCAD 2007 (or more recent version)
* -Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
* -Familiarity beneficial in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro) and Autodesk applications
* -Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch and hand draw
* -Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
* -Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
-Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral