Freelance Project Manager
625 Madison Avenue 10th Floor New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Freelance Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
End: until perm
· Produce and manage design and design development packages for new retail stores and renovations; from initial design concept thru project opening.
· Responsible for project management including; design, construction, millwork shop drawing review, sample review, as well as, budget and schedule maintenance.
· Coordinate project scope with various consultants: Lighting, Engineer, Production Architect, Code and Construction Manager.
· Coordinate project’s program requirements with the brand's in-house departments; Decorative, Merchants, Visual and Operations.
· Maintain constant dialogue with managers regarding status and progress of projects.
· Partner with construction teams for project schedules, budgets and milestones.
· Degree in Architecture and 3-7 years’ experience in high-end/luxury retail design or with high end/luxury residential/commercial architecture/interior design firm(s)
· Proficiency in AutoCAD 2007 (or more recent version)
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
· Familiarity beneficial in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro) and Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG TrueView 2011)
· Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch and hand draw
· Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
· Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to travel