Freelance Project Manager
New York, New York 10019
Title: Freelance Project Manager
Company: Global Apparel & Accessories Brand
- Work with team to design, develop and manage free standing retail stores for both new design/construction & renovations of existing stores globally.
- Produce and manage design and design development packages for new retail stores and renovations; from initial design concept thru project opening.
- Responsible for project management including; design, construction, millwork shop drawing review, sample review, as well as, budget and schedule maintenance.
- Coordinate project scope with various consultants: Lighting, Engineer, Production Architect, Code and Construction Manager.
- Coordinate project’s program requirements with in-house departments; Decorative, Merchants, Visual and Operations.
- Maintain constant dialogue with managers regarding status and progress of projects.
- Partner with construction teams for project schedules, budgets and milestones
- Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 3+ years’ experience in high-end/luxury retail design or with high end/luxury residential/commercial architecture/interior design firm(s)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Familiarity in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro) and Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG TrueView 2011)
- Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch and hand draw
- Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
- Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral